But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, [the women] went to the tomb, taking the spices which they had made ready. 2 And they found the stone rolled back from the tomb, 3 But when they went inside, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 And while they were perplexed and wondering what to do about this, behold, two men in dazzling raiment suddenly stood beside them. 5 And as [the women] were frightened and were bowing their faces to the ground, the men said to them, Why do you look for the living among [those who are] dead? 6 He is not here, but has risen! Remember how He told you while He was still in Galilee 7 That the Son of Man must be given over into the hands of sinful men (men whose way or nature is to act in opposition to God) and be crucified and on the third day rise [from death]. Luke 24:1-7 AMP
See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself! Feel and handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones, as you see that I have. 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 And while [since] they still could not believe it for sheer joy and marveled, He said to them, Have you anything here to eat? 42 They gave Him a piece of broiled fish, 43 And He took [it] and ate [it] before them. Luke 24:39-43 AMP
1. Jesus showed them His hands and feet (Luke 24:39).
2. Jesus said: It is I Myself, not another (different) person (Luke 24:39).
3. Jesus told them to touch Him and prove that He was alive (Luke 24:39).
4. Jesus told them: a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have (Luke 24:39).
5. He showed them His hands and His feet (Luke 24:40; John 20:20).
John 20:20 NIV – After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
6. He took fish and honeycomb and ate it before them (Luke 24:41-43).
7. He is risen (Matthew 28:6-7; Mark 16:6).
Matthew 28:6-7 AMP – He is not here; He has risen, as He said [He would do]. Come, see the place where He lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell His disciples, He has risen from the dead, and behold, He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you.
Mark 16:6 AMP – And he said to them, Do not be amazed and terrified; you are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, Who was crucified. He has risen; He is not here. See the place where they laid Him.
What is risen? It could not be His soul and spirit for they did not die. They went into hell to preach and carry on work (Psalm 16:10; Luke 23:43; Ephes. 4:8-10; 1 Peter 3:9; Hebrews 2:14-15).
Psalms 16:10 AMP – For You will not abandon me to Sheol (the place of the dead), neither will You suffer Your holy one [Holy One] to see corruption.
Ephesians 4:8-10 AMP – Therefore it is said, When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive [He led a train of vanquished foes] and He bestowed gifts on men. 9 [But He ascended?] Now what can this, He ascended, mean but that He had previously descended from [the heights of] heaven into [the depths], the lower parts of the earth? 10 He Who descended is the [very] same as He Who also has ascended high above all the heavens, that He [His presence] might fill all things (the whole universe, from the lowest to the highest).
1 Peter 3:18-19 NKJV – For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison
His body is the only thing that died (James 2:26) and the only thing that could have been resurrected (Luke 24:39; Zech.13:6; Acts 1:11).
James 2:26 NKJV – For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Acts 1:11 NKJV – Who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
8. They held Him by the feet (Matthew 28:9; Luke 24:39-40).
Matthew 28:9 NKJV – And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.
9. They saw Him (Matthew 28:17; John 20:19-20).
Matthew 28:17 NKJV – When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
John 20:19-20 NIV – On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
10. They did not find the body (Luke 24:3; 23) because it was resurrected (Luke 24:39-43).
Luke 24:23-24 AMP – But did not find His body; and they returned saying that they had [even] seen a vision of angels, who said that He was alive! 24 So some of those [who were] with us went to the tomb and they found it just as the women had said, but Him they did not see.
11. They went to the tomb to embalm Jesus’ body, but it wasn’t there, because Jesus’ body was raised up. The angel asked: Why do you seek the living (body) among the dead bodies (Luke 24:5-6; James 2:26)?
12. Jesus Himself came to them. He sat and ate with them and they knew Him (Luke 24:15; 30-31).
Luke 24:15 AMP – And while they were conversing and discussing together, Jesus Himself caught up with them and was already accompanying them.
13. Angels said He was alive (Luke 24:23; Matthew 28:6-7; Mark 16:6).© Copyright 2017 admin, All rights Reserved. Written For: Rodney Howard Browne